Agenda and Minutes for meeting held on 19 March 2015

Singleton Parish Council

A Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at the Village Hall, Singleton on Thursday 19 March 2015 at 7.15 pm.
(Please note new starting time)

Your presence is requested.
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence

2. Declaration of Interests

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 19 February 2015 and any Matters Arising

4. Open Forum – The Council will open up the meeting for 15 minutes for any questions from residents.

5. Police and PACT Report

6. Traffic Issues

7. Correspondence

8. Planning matters and decisions

9. Neighbourhood Planning

10. Parish Council Elections

11. Parish Defibrillator

12. Accounts and any Cheques to Pay

13. Any Other Business
• Support for Singleton Village Fayre
14. Date and Time of Next Meetings including Annual General Meeting

Verena Henderson
Clerk to Singleton Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455

Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 19 March 2015 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Lee (Chair), Bailey (Vice Chair), Chew and Gallagher, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes.
1. Apologies – Cllr Smith

2. Declaration of Interests – None

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 19 February 2015, having been previously circulated, were agreed to be a true and correct record and were accordingly signed by the Chairman.

Matters arising
All February’s cheques were agreed by previously absent councillors before payment.

Cllr Chew has had a meeting with United Utilities asking for the opposite kerb on Mains Lane to be repaired. She has also asked for some bollards to be put in place.

The Gatepost to the children’s play park still needs attention. Cllr Gallagher will have a look at this.

We are now registered to receive “In the Know” bulletins from Lancashire Constabulary for alerts that would affect our area.

4. Open Forum – None

5. Police and PACT Report

A large number of road related incidents this month, with 10 being collisions. Also a mini crime wave had occurred the previous weekend with 5 crimes reported in the area of Mains Lane, near Shard Bridge and towards the River Wyre Pub. Items were stolen from unlocked cars on driveways and damage was caused to a car door, which suggests that somebody had tried to get into it. There was also a burglary at a detached house where the intruder used a rock to smash a window, ransacked the house. The intruders were disturbed and left the bag of stolen goods on the drive.

The CCTV van has been in place on Station Road and Weeton Road in recent months. The results are as follows: –

08/10/14 – 4 offences; 21/10/14 – 7 offences; 27/10/14 – 7 offences;
01/11/14 – 11 offences; 07/11/14 – 8 offences; 11/11/14 – 4 offences;
17/11/14 – 8 offences; 23/11/14 – 5 offences; 08/12/14 – 11 offences;
12/12/14 – 4 offences; 09/01/15 – 7 offences; 13/01/15 – 12 offences;
11/02/15 – 11 offences; 18/02/15 – 13 offences.
The police will continue with camera enforcement for the time being until a reduction occurs in the offences.

6. Traffic Issues

Windy Harbour – a nightmare at the moment with a huge increase in traffic flow through Singleton village. The current restrictions will last for another full week. It is due to be fully opened by Easter.

Poolfoot Lane is a mess where the United Utilities works have been done. Cllr Chew will have a word with them to clean the area up.

Many rumours are circulating about fly-overs and new roads along the river and all sorts of stories. The Parish Council has not been made aware of any such plans.

7. Correspondence

• Information received about a new social network for communities launched across Lytham St Annes. This is called Streetlife and residents are invited to get more involved by visiting streetlife.com.
• Armed Forces Day 2015 – This is being celebrated in St Annes on Sunday 28th June. Noted. Veterans were also available to help for local galas and contact should be made with Cllr Edward J Nash, Armed Forces Member and Community Covenant Leader, Fylde BC.
• Poulton YMCA offering to organise a session in our village hall to show residents some of the services they can offer. This will be forwarded to the Secretary of the Village Hall.
• Minutes of the District Parish Liaison Group Meeting on 28 January 2015 – these had been previously circulated and are on file.
• BDO Ltd – annual review of accounts. Documentation received for end of year audit with the final day for return being 16 June 2015.

8. Planning Matters and Decisions

15/0155 PoolBrow Caravan Park, Pool Foot Lane, Singleton, FY6 8LY – Certificate of lawfulness for existing use of land as a caravan park …. No significant observations. However the Parish Council has concerns relating to the safety regulations being adhered to and will ask for a safety check to be carried out.

Decisions

14/0771 – Land off Shard Road, Singleton, FY6 9BU – Proposed siting of static caravan and formation of sand paddock – Refused. The Enforcement Officer needs to ensure all buildings are removed that do not have planning consent.

“The Woodlands” Lodge Lane, Singleton. Tree Preservation Orders received in relation to the new development off Lodge Lane. Noted and to remain on file.

9.
Neighbourhood Planning

A lot of consideration had been given to this matter and sadly the conclusion was reached that this Parish Council did not have the resources or the time necessary to complete the Neighbourhood Planning process at the moment and would have to put it on hold. Because of the complexities of the required finished document, outside planning consultants would have had to be engaged at a possible cost of £10,000 plus. Cllr Chew had contacted Fiona Riley, Planning Consultant at Fylde Borough Council, who suggested that we keep the Steering Group together to discuss any major developments with Fylde at the appropriate time and may be getting our wishes into the Local Plan if the Parish Council would be willing to do some work on it. This was considered to be a good compromise and had been discussed with the Steering Group at their last meeting held on 25 February 2015. Gladly the Steering Group are happy to be called upon at a future date.

The Clerk will write to the Community Development Foundation who gave a starting-up grant, to advise them of the situation.

10.
Parish Council Elections

Nomination packs were distributed amongst councillors, and completed, and notices would be put up on the notice board to advise residents where to obtain extra packs if required.

11.
Parish Defibrillator

United Utilities had paid £500 to the Parish Council towards a defibrillator for Singleton and the History Society had pledged £300. The Village Hall had agreed to donate £300 for this and the balance of the total bill of £1,416.00 would come from Parish Council’s funds.
We have tried to make contact with the appropriate person before installing the defibrillator, but so far without success. Efforts are continuing however and it is hoped to have the defibrillator installed and working soon.

12. Accounts and Cheques to Pay

• T A Pawson – Washing of road signs in the village – £96.00 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Lee. Agreed.
• Fylde Borough Council – annual repayment of loan -£1,775.00 – Proposed Cllr Chew, Seconded Cllr Lee. Agreed.
• Clerk’s Salary and expenses, which included £40 repair to Council laptop – £292.51. Proposed Cllr Lee. Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.

13. Any Other Business

• The Parish Council had been saddened to hear of the recent death of Robin Clark, who had been a Parish Councillor for over 12 years, and wished to send its sympathies to his wife.
• Support for Singleton Village Fayre. It was proposed by Cllr Chew that the Parish Council make a grant of £100 to the Village Fayre Committee. This was seconded by Cllr Gallagher and Agreed.
• The finger posts near to the Post Office need painting. The Clerk was asked to email Andy Pawson to see if he could help.
• The Clerk was asked to contact Weeton Parish Council to see if they would be willing to share in the cost of new batteries for the SPID. Cllr Gallagher will look into the cost of these.
• Concern expressed at the state of the footpath on Sandy Lane, which was full of pot holes. The Clerk was asked to contact the Countryside Officer of LCC to see if the potholes could be filled in.
• The Clerk was asked to buy a bottle of whisky or brandy as a thank you to Douggie Goth who continues to close the gates every night to the Village Hall and even gets cover for this when he is away.
14. Date and Time of next meetings

The next meetings are arranged as follows: –

Thursday 16 April 2015 at 7.15 pm.
Thursday 14 May 2015 – Annual Parish Meeting at 7.00 pm – monthly meeting 7.30pm
Thursday 18 June 2015 at 7.15 pm.

As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 9.05 pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455