Agenda and Minutes for Parish Meeting held on 17 March 2016

Singleton Parish Council

A Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at the Village Hall, Singleton on Thursday 17 March 2016 at 7.15 pm.

Your presence is requested.
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence

2. Declaration of Interests

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 25 February 2016 and any Matters Arising

4. Open Forum – The Council will open up the meeting for 15 minutes for any questions from residents.

5. Police Matters

6. Traffic Issues
• 20mph speed limit update
7. Correspondence

8. Planning matters and decisions

9. Report back from Councillors who attended the Development Management Training.

10. Notice boards at Mains Lane and Village Hall

11. Sandy Lane

12. Accounts and any Cheques to Pay

13. Any Other Business

14. Date and Time of Next 3 Meetings

Verena Henderson
Clerk to Singleton Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455

Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 17 March 2016 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Bailey (Chair), Gallagher (Vice Chair), Chew and Lee, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. Also present were three members of the Dumbreck Singleton Trust and two members of the public.
1. Apologies were received from Cllr Smith and County Councillor Paul Hayhurst.

2. Declaration of Interests – None

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 25 February 2016, having been previously circulated, were agreed as a true and correct record and duly signed by the Chairman.

Matters arising

The Fylde flooding meeting is to be held at Wrea Green on Saturday 19 March and Cllr Chew will be attending.

4. Open Forum

1. Worsick’s Farm – This matter related to a planning application for the erection of a two- storey building providing two semi-detached dwellings following the demolition of the existing farmhouse. The Parish Council had responded to the initial application on 05/11/2015 saying it was disappointed that this old building could not be saved as it felt it was very important to the conservation area. The Parish Council had asked if it would be possible to save the façade of the building. Since then, a report had been received from the agents and Fylde Borough Council had asked for re-consultations to be sent out to the Parish Council and the Council’s Conservation Officer. This would be considered later in the meeting under item 8.

The members of the Trust said that they were still looking to demolish the whole building and re-build it with the frontage identical in terms of layout. They would also be reusing as much of the old stonework as they could.

2. Leaflets had been circulated by Highways England to various parts of the parish in regards to possible works on the A585. Five alternatives had been initially identified and these had been whittled down to three being put forward for consideration. All properties within half a mile of any proposed route have been contacted about this by Highways England and have been asked for permission for their land to be surveyed. The Parish Council has received no concrete information about any route as yet, and eagerly awaits further information.

The Open Forum was closed and normal parish business continued.
5. Police and PACT Report

No crime report had been received again and the Clerk reported that the last time the Police attended a Parish meeting was on 18 June 2015. The Clerk was asked to invite the Police to the Annual General Meeting in May.

The applications for new PCSO’s had now closed. They are looking to recruit a few hundred across Lancashire.

The van, which had been parked on the Village Hall car park for a number of weeks, had now been removed. It was not sure whether this was as a result of a report to 101 about this.

6. Traffic Issues

After much pressing by County Councillor Paul Hayhurst, the Parish Council was very pleased to hear that the County Council is considering the introduction of a 20mph speed limit order through Singleton Village. This has been advertised and will now go through a period of 6 weeks of consultation. Cty Cllr Paul Hayhurst has asked for everyone’s help in providing a positive response from the village to help make the traffic slow down. The Clerk was asked to write and thank Cty Cllr Paul Hayhurst for the huge amount of work he has had to do on the Parish Council’s behalf.

The County Council has retained the 75 bus service, albeit on a Monday to Saturday basis and with only a 2-hourly service. Again, thanks were expressed to Cty Cllr Paul Hayhurst for his work in this regard.

Pool Foot Lane – Problem with cars parking all day, particularly in the turning area, and complaints had been received about this area needing to be kept clear for refuse lorries etc. The question of putting up `no parking’ signs was raised and this would be considered at the next meeting.

7. Correspondence

• Natural England Northwest Coastal Access – Silecroft to Cleveleys. Information received about Natural England’s wish to implement coastal access on a new stretch of coast from Silecroft in Cumbria to Cleveleys. This will eventually link in with the rest of the England Coastal Path between Gretna and Silecroft. Noted.
• Minster Parish Council – a Petition received to support an online petition to give parish councils the right to appeal planning decisions. The Clerk will forward this email to all councillors.

8. Planning Matters and Decisions

• 15/0672 – Worsicks Farm, Weeton Road, Singleton, FY6 8LL – Re-consultation. Having read the agent’s report, the Parish Council had no specific observations to make.
• 16/0098 – Land to the west of 178 Mains Lane, Singleton – Application to extend the deadline for reinstatement of site and relocation of equestrian facility. The planned work to reinstate this site had not been carried out due to the very wet weather during winter. No specific observations.
• 16/0161 – Shard Barn, Shard Road, Singleton FY6 9BU – Application for prior notification of part 3 Class Q agricultural building to residential dwelling. No specific observations.
Planning decisions

15/0881 – Shard Storage, Browlea, 134 Mains Lane Singleton FY6 7LB – This has been withdrawn by the applicant who wishes to amend his plans to ones local residents would be happier with.

15/0522 – Windy Harbour – Advertisement hoarding sign – an appeal has been lodged by the applicant in respect of this refusal.

9.
Report from Councillors who attended Development Management Training

Four parish councillors attended this training event on 14 March at Fylde BC. The training, which was on planning matters and decisions, was felt to be very informative with very interesting elements to it. The Clerk was asked to write and thank the organisers, giving the feedback that a future training should include more interactive sessions.

10.
Notice Boards at Mains Lane and the Village Hall

The notice board for Mains Lane has been repaired but needs some concrete posts inserting in the ground. Shaun Thornton has agreed to look at this for the Parish Council. Cllr Chew’s family are to provide funding for a bench and a small flagged area in commemoration of Hannah Cummings Miller who had served on both Singleton Parish and Fylde Borough Councils and who had been a former Mayor of the Borough.

Cllr Gallagher will arrange for someone to repair the notice board at the Village Hall.

11.
Sandy Lane

Problems had arisen with this public footpath because cars had been using it, one had recently got stuck and had to be removed by a tractor. The Parish Council was therefore considering putting up bollards at the entrance. Owners of a property had come forward as they use the start of this area to gain access to the rear of their property and had offered to put up lockable bollards themselves. This was felt to be a good idea and Cllr Gallagher had asked for the Parish Council to have a key.

12. Accounts and Cheques to Pay

• Mr T A Pawson – Mounting of SPID plus repairs – £102.00. Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Gallagher – Agreed. The cost of repairs had been shared with Weeton PC, who were joint owners of the SPID. Consideration would be given to the Parish Council having its own SPID in the near future. The SPID would have to be professionally amended if the 20mph speed limit comes in.
• Fylde Borough Council – Annual repayment of loan – £1,775.00. Proposed Cllr Chew, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• Singleton Village Hall – Rent – £6.00 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• Singleton Village Hall – Payment towards electricity usage on car park from March 2014 – £96.00. Proposed Cllr Bailey, Seconded Cllr Gallagher. Agreed.
• Clerk’s Salary and Expenses for February/March 2016 – £255.30. Proposed Cllr Chew, Seconded Cllr Lee – Agreed.

13. Any Other Business

Andy Pawson is having problems cutting the grass at Pool Foot Lane because of deep ruts being made to the ground as a result of the recent works. Because of the depth of these ruts, his mower cannot work on the ground. Cllr Chew will contact LCC in the first instance to see if some repair works can be done.

Cllr Chew has contacted the County Council about the blacked out signs at the end of Pool Foot Lane, who say that these have been vandalised. This is not the case. These signs, along with others, were blacked out at the beginning of the road works. The other signs have since been cleaned, but this sign has been forgotten. Cllr Chew will pursue this again.

Cllr Chew will also report a pot hole next to a gully cover on Lodge Lane, near to the village. There are also problems on Station Road where the road is crumbling away at one side. Apparently the County Council has been down surveying the area today.

The Parish Council would like to express its sincere thanks to Duggie Goth for his continued work in closing the village hall car park gates every night as well as now checking the defibrillator every week. His continued help is very much appreciated.

14. Date and Time of next three meetings

These were agreed as:-

28 April at 7.15pm, 26 May – AGM at 7.00pm and monthly meeting at 7.30pm, and 23 June at 7.15pm.

As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455