Minutes for Parish Meeting held on 20 April 2017

Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 20 April 2017 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Smith (Vice Chair), Bailey, Chew and Lee, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. Three members of the public also attended. The Vice-Chairman took the Chair at this meeting.
1. Apologies – Cllr Gallagher

2. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 30th March, having been previously circulated, were proposed to be accepted by Cllr Chew, this was seconded by Cllr Bailey and Agreed. They were accordingly signed as a true and correct record by the Vice-Chair.

There were no matters arising.

3. Open Forum

The meeting was opened up to the residents who voiced their concerns about a planning application for a disabled ramp at the main entrance to Singleton Hall. The residents had not been consulted about this by their landlord who had previously promised to consult them prior to any plans being submitted. A temporary ramp is in place at the moment, but this is unsatisfactory as the gradient is too great. The ramp proposed goes across the front of the building, then turns right-angles to the door giving a very small space for a wheelchair to turn round. It also narrows the front entrance door, which is the only fire escape for the building and if the Hall was full, 40 people would have to be evacuated in an emergency. The ramp also takes over space at the front of the building which is a turn-around area for vehicles and would be used by emergency vehicles. The residents stressed that they are not against the principle of having a disabled ramp but felt that the current plans were not fit for purpose.

The residents have arranged a meeting with the appropriate planning officer and they were advised by the Parish Council to prepare a bullet list of their concerns prior to their meeting with him. Whilst the planning application did not break any planning laws, it may be possible to achieve a mutually acceptable design.

4. Declaration of Interests

Cllr Smith declared a personal interest in planning application 17/0176, Ken View, The Village, Singleton FY6 8LL and did not take part in that discussion.

5. Planning Matters and Decisions

• 17/0176 – Ken View, 2 Weeton Road, Singleton, FY6 8LL – Proposed single storey rear extension. No specific observations to make. Fylde BC would be advised that this road is known as “The Village”, not Weeton Road.
• 17/0273 – Singleton Hall, FY6 8LU – Alteration of entrance detail with narrowing of existing steps and formation of wheelchair access ramp. No specific observations to make but the Parish Council would ask that the Planning Officer takes account of the residents’ concerns. The Parish Council understands that the residents’ concerns are that this plan is not sympathetic to the building in its present form and is not fit for purpose.
• 17/0241 – Singleton Grange Farm, Grange Road, Singleton, FY6 8LP – Proposed extension to existing agricultural storage building. No specific observations.
• 17/0269 – Fenella, Garstang Road, Singleton, FY6 7SX – resubmission of application 16/0980 for two storey side extension. No specific observations.

Notification of Appeal against Planning Refusal

The Croft, 117 Mains Lane, Singleton FY6 7LD – Outline application for a single dwelling house – 16/0940. Appeal noted.

6. Police and PACT Report

The Clerk had advised PCSO Becca Didsbury of the dates of the next three Parish Council meetings, including the Annual Parish Meeting on 25 May 2017.

7. Traffic and Highway Issues

Concern expressed about the number of heavy vehicles continuing to come through Singleton village instead of going through Windy Harbour. It was hoped that the new 20mph speed limit might deter some of these. Also noisy motor-bikers are still travelling through the village and more complaints received about children being woken up by them.

8. Proposed New By-Pass

Nothing heard from Highways England about this. Cllr Chew has asked for a meeting with the Chief Planning Officer of Fylde BC, Mark Evans and the Director of Highways England, Paul Walker.

9. Correspondence

• Invitation received for the Annual Meeting of Fylde BC to be held on 10/05/17 at 2pm. Unfortunately neither the Chairman nor Vice-Chairman could attend this due to work commitments.
• Invitation to Wrea Green Civic Sunday Celebrations on 02/07/17. Again unfortunately neither the Chairman nor Vice-Chairman would be available to attend.
• Notification that Fylde BC’s Local List of Heritage Assets will be published for consultation for six weeks from 06/04/17 to 18/05/17. Cllr Chew would like Fylde’s Conservation Officer to come to Singleton to check possible heritage assets here.
• Update on the Fylde Local Plan in which the Inspectors letter was communicated to their Council, which set out the future direction of the Examination. The Inspector felt that the evidence before him indicates that Fylde Council has met the statutory duty to cooperate as set out under Sections 20 and 33A of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004. Hearings for Stage 2 are planned for the latter half of June 2017.
• Fylde BC and Data Breach. An investigation has taken place by Fylde’s Head of Governance into the data breach that occurred between March 17 and 18th which potentially gave access to the email addresses of those responding to the Public Space Protection Order consultation exercise. Steps have been taken to improve data protection competence.

10.
SPID

The Clerk had contacted Weeton Parish Council about the present jointly-owned SPID. They too are thinking about purchasing new SPID equipment and will contact us again when a decision is made. Discussion took place about the newer “Super-SPIDs’ and the improved efficiency of these, including longer running batteries. It was felt that our SPID was at the end of its life anyway. Three options for consideration: –

• See if Weeton still are looking to share and replace with “Super-SPID”
• Have a new “Super-SPID” of our own
• Have the present SPID recalibrated and keep as well as share one with Weeton, It would then be possible to have one calibrated to 40mph and put this on Mains Lane.

11.
New Equipment for Playground

The consensus is to extend the current circuit by adding extra items to it. This would mean less groundwork and be better value for money. Cllr Chew will look into the possibility of getting a grant towards this.

12.
Update on the new 20mph limit

Early signs are of an improvement in the speed of vehicles travelling through Singleton, which is good news. The Police can enforce the 20mph and drivers should be aware of this. The Parish Council wished to thank County Councillor Paul Hayhurst and County Councillor John Fillis for their help and support in getting this speed reduction implemented.

13. Accounts and Invoices to Pay

Notification received from Fylde BC that the first half of the Precept for 2017/18 has been paid into the bank and that the first half of the Playground Maintenance of £1,190 fee has been deducted at source, leaving a total of £8,500.

Invoices to pay

• T A Pawson – Strimming, cutting and collecting at verges at Shard Junction – £90.00. Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Smith. Agreed.
• T A Pawson – SPID – £60. Proposed Cllr Smith, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• Clerk, Salary and Expenses for March/April 2017 – £226.70. Proposed Cllr Bailey, Seconded Cllr Smith. Agreed.

14. Any Other Business

• The Parish Council was delighted to hear that Singleton Primary School had received an Outstanding Ofsted Inspection result. Congratulations would be sent to the Headteacher.
• Temporary closure of Station Road and Fairfield Road on 7 May to allow bridge works to take place.
• Reports of a Romany Gypsy caravan being parked up on a grass verge in the village. It is assumed that this would be on its way to Appleby.
• Notice Board at the Village Hall. Urgent repairs needed. Cllr Bailey will ask for a local joiner to have a look at it.
• The Parish Council would like to thank Andy Minns for cutting and tidying up the area around the memorial bench on Mains Lane. This looks very tidy now.
• Concern expressed about how often the post box is emptied in the village as on a number of occasions it has been full to overflowing. The Clerk will check with the local sorting office.

15 Date and Time of next meeting

The next meeting will be the Annual Parish Meeting, followed by the usual monthly meeting and will take place on Thursday 25 May. The Annual meeting will start at 7.00pm and the monthly meeting at 7.30pm.

As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 9.15pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455