Agenda and Minutes of Parish Meeting held on 19 February 2015

Singleton Parish Council

A Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at the Village Hall, Singleton on Thursday 19 February 2015 at 7.15 pm.
(Please note new starting time)

Your presence is requested.
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence

2. Declaration of Interests

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 22 January 2015 and any Matters Arising

4. Open Forum – The Council will open up the meeting for 15 minutes for any questions from residents.

5. Police and PACT Report

6. Traffic Issues

7. Correspondence

8. Planning matters and decisions

9. Neighbourhood Planning update

10. Fylde Coast Masterplan

11. Parish Council Elections and correct procedures

12. Accounts and any Cheques to Pay

13. Any Other Business

14. Date and Time of Next Meeting

19 March 2015 at 7.15pm

Verena Henderson
Clerk to Singleton Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455

Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 19 February 2015 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Lee (Chair), Bailey (Vice Chair), and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes.
All the business of the day was gone through but unfortunately, as the Council was not quorate this evening, no decisions could be made on this occasion. Absent councillors would therefore be contacted via email to confirm decisions.
1. Apologies were received from Cllrs Chew, Gallagher and Smith.

2. Declaration of Interests – None

3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 22 January 2015, having been previously circulated, were agreed as a true and correct record and duly signed by the Chairman.

Matters arising

The Clerk had once again asked LCC to cut back the encroaching grass verge on Lodge Lane, which was making the footpath dangerously narrow. This had been acknowledged. The Clerk had also followed up the complaint by a resident and asked for the verges of Shard Lane and Mains Lane to be tidied and also asked the Dog Warden to check out the area.

James Carter Homes: – This development had been visited by the Planning Enforcement Officer who had been told that work would recommence in May. He would keep the file open and monitor the situation.

Cllr Chew had asked United Utilities to tidy up the opposite kerb on Mains Lane which is in a mess. She was hopeful that this would be done soon. She had also requested a litter pick along Garstang Road and Mains Lane.

4. Open Forum – None

5. Police and PACT Report

Two crimes have been reported in Singleton since 20th January 2015, compared to 4 in the same period last year. On 9 February a patient from Parkwood stole a dumper truck off Poolfoot Farm House. He was detained by workmen and returned to Parkwood. On 6 February a house on Mains Lane was burgled during the morning/lunch hour period and £10K of jewellery and other valuables were taken.

Cllr Chew had been forwarded an email by an ex resident of Singleton which was issued by Lancashire Constabulary entitled “In The Know”. This was a neighbourhood alert sent out asking for sightings of a white ford transit tipper van , registration number BF51 WLW, which was suspected of committing rural crimes. The Clerk was asked to contact Lancashire Constabulary to be included on the circulation list for such alerts.

6. Traffic Issues

Cllr Chew had spoken to County Cllr Paul Hayhurst to hurry up the implementation of the 20mph limit.

The speed camera has been spotted often recently. The Clerk was asked to check to see what the results of these operations were.

A lot of disruption currently at Windy Harbour causing endless queues of traffic. Cllr Chew had contacted the Highways Agency to see if this problem could be alleviated but it seems that the disruption will last for 4 weeks. Extra traffic travelling through Singleton has occurred during this time and a near accident under the bridge on Station Road.

7. Correspondence

• Letter received from the Secretary of the Singleton Village Fayre Committee asking for help with their finances to stage the event again this year. The two members present had no problem with this but as the Council was not quorate this matter would be deferred until the next meeting.
• Message from the Tree and Landscape Officer of Fylde BC that he will issue the Parish Council with a copy of every Tree Preservation Order he makes in the area, which he is shortly to complete, so that we are up to date with them.
• Fylde Budget Consultation. A document showing Fylde BC’s proposed budget spending for 2015/16. Concern had been expressed about the amount of money going to larger towns with no grants coming to rural areas.
• Letter from Cuadrilla saying LCC’s Planning Officers had recommending approval of planning consent for their Grange Hill site. This would be used for seismic monitoring of their exploration sites at Roseacre Wood and Preston New Road and there are no proposals for further drilling or hydraulic fracturing at Grange Hill.

8. Planning Matters and Decisions

• 15/0042 Riverside, Pool Foot Lane, Singleton, FY6 8LY – Outline application for erection of dwellinghouse with all matters reserved. No specific observations.
• 14/0773 – Koi Pool Garden Centre, Mains Lane, Singleton FY6 7LB. Amended plans to be viewed on Fylde BC’s website for two dwellinghouses. The Parish Council had previously not objected to these but Clerk will check on new location.
• 15/0066 Koi Pool Garden Centre – Proposed formation of 4 no 48 metre x 10 metre lined ponds for breeding and stocking of fish. No specific observations.
• 14/0652 – Whole of Singleton Village. Revised plans from Singleton Trust to be considered. As the Parish Council was not quorate it was decided to hold a further meeting between councillors as soon as possible to discuss this.

9.
Neighbourhood Planning update

The Clerk had submitted the end-of-grant report to the Government Agency on time which showed that the Council had spent £941.96 so far on the Neighbourhood Planning process, which was just over the £940 allocated. The report has been acknowledged and accepted.
Cllr Chew was consulting Fiona Riley about the questionnaire for the Neighbourhood Planning process and would report back to the Steering Group.

Cllr Bailey distributed a report on the Vision and Strategy for the Neighbourhood Plan, which he and Kath Smith had been working on. This would be sent out to the Steering Group with the Agenda for their next meeting on 25 February 2015.

10.
Fylde Coast Masterplan

All Councillors had studied this and submitted comments. The Clerk was asked to write on the Parish Council’s behalf to Lancashire County Council expressing the Parish Council’s desire to have the blue route reinstated instead of any other unsatisfactory option.

11.
Parish Council Elections and correct procedures – Item deferred until next meeting.

12. Accounts and Cheques to Pay

All cheques to be authorised via email with absent councillors.

• T.A. Pawson – Mounting of SPID on 2 occasions – £60.00 – Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey.
• Clerk’s Salary and Expenses for Jan/Feb 2015 – £209.20 – Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey
• PEI Delta – Supply of padlocks for grit bins – £35.98 – Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey
• Physio-Control UK Sales Limited – Supply of Defibrillator – £1,416.00. NB – Donation of £500 received from United Utilities for this. Promised donations from County Cllr Paul Hayhurst, Singleton Trust and the History Group still to be received. Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey.

Our request for a 2% rise on last year’s figure for our precept has been accepted by Fylde BC but with their calculations the rise comes out at 3.7%, which is what will be recorded on the information sheets sent out with the Council Tax bills. The Clerk was asked to put an item on the website explaining that this rise was to offset the drop in the level of grant received and that the actual rise amounted to £175 per year, which equates to 38 pence per household.

Any Other Business

• Good reports received about the new walkways from Puzzlewood, which are accessible for wheel chair users. A group of children thoroughly enjoyed their walk there during the week. Good walking surface and generally a good job done
• The post holding the gate to the play area is broken and needs urgent attention.
14. Date and Time of next meeting – 19 March 2015 at 7.15 pm at the Village Hall.

As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated …………………………………………………
Verena Henderson, Clerk to the Parish Council, Tel: 01995 670455