Minutes of Singleton Parish Council meeting held on 23 June 2016

Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 23 June 2016 at 7.00 pm
Singleton Parish Council

Present: – Cllrs Gallagher (Chair), Smith (Vice Chair), Bailey and Chew, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. One member of the public also attended.
1. Apologies – Cllr Lee

2. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising

The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 28 April, having been previously circulated, were proposed to be agreed by Cllr Chew, this was seconded by Cllr Smith and agreed as a true and correct record. They were accordingly signed by the Chair.

Matters Arising

Cllr Hayhurst had acknowledged receipt of the two issues relating to the state of the footpath along Lodge Lane and the damaged direction sign at the end of Lodge Lane, which he will try to bring forward. However, the work schedule for this year was agreed last autumn and so it would probably not be attended to this year.

Litter picking. Mr. Pawson had emailed the Clerk to quote a charge of £12 per hour per man for any future litter-picking. As reported in the last Minutes, The Dumbreck Trust had intimated that it would consider paying for litter-picking in the Village. If this was to be the case, the Parish Council would look favourably at paying for litter-picking for the rest of the parish including the top end of Lodge Lane, top end of Garstang Road, all of Mains Lane and Pool Foot Lane. Fylde BC provides 3 litter-picks a year. Mr. Pawson already does litter-picks in 3 other parishes, and they speak highly of him saying that he works very quickly. The Clerk was asked to write to Keith Walker of the Dumbreck Trust to try and take this forward.

3. Open Forum

Concern expressed about Pool Brow Caravan site, which had also been discussed at the last meeting, and the removal, without permission, of hedging and mature trees. The owners have promised they will plant again, but can the Parish Council do anything to ensure that they plant trees and hedging and not put up a fence instead? Also, photographic evidence was provided to show that they have encroached onto LCC land for approximately 1 metre. Concern also expressed about the owner’s application to have 2 conditions of their original planning consent removed, namely on the limit of permanent residential park homes and on the number of static homes. It was feared that this could result in 43 permanent residences all using that access and severely increasing traffic movements on an already overloaded junction at Singleton crossroads.

The Clerk was asked to write to Cty Cllr Paul Hayhurst to advise him about the encroachment onto LCC land. Also to write to Alan Wallbank the Tree Protection Officer about the removal of the hedge and trees and asking for these to be replaced with mature trees and permanent hedging such as hawthorn or mixed. The Clerk would also be writing to Andrew Stell, with a copy to Dave Pilkington, Planning Officers at Fylde BC about the widened entrance without planning permission and the proliferation of signs up and around the site and at the top of the road at the junction where signs are displayed on the street furniture. Also mention would be made of the 2 planning conditions and the Parish Council’s concern that this would result in a much more intensive use of the site with far greater traffic movement.

4. Declaration of Interests – None.

5. Planning Matters and Decisions

No planning applications today. Just one decision – 16/0274 – Larkfield, Lodge Lane, Singleton – Outline application for erection of one dwelling and garage – Granted.

6. Police and PACT Report

The Clerk had once again reported the Parish Council’s concern about speeding motorcycles through the village at weekends to Inspector Susan Horn, who had assured her that the Police were running a `bike watch’ operation on 26 June, and this had been added to their list.

Concern about a message that Inspector Horn had suffered a head injury and was on recoup duties and the Parish Council wished her a speedy recovery.

A Police report had been received covering incidents up to 28/05/16, which showed 7 offences of taking petrol without paying, 1 public order offence on Mains Lane, 1 Domestic Assault on Harbour Road and 1 of threats at a filling station.

7. Traffic Issues

The main item tonight was the proposed closure of the A585 for 2 nights from 4th July to undertake some road repairs from Windy harbour junction to Esprick. The closure will be in place on 2 consecutive nights from 20:00 hrs until 06:00 hrs.

Work on Mains Lane still continues.

8. Correspondence
• Notification that Elswick Parish Council has made a Neighbourhood Area application. Noted.
• Fylde BC – next Liaison meeting with the Parish Councils is to be held on 5th July at Fylde Town Hall. Cllr Chew will try to attend.
• Very comprehensive Playground Inspection report received from Fylde BC. As part of our agreement with them to look after the play equipment on the children’s park, they commission a thorough inspection of all the play equipment, including surfaces, gates, seating, and the Risk Assessment came out at 5 – Very Low Risk. A few minor defects had been itemised – a little rust on one piece of equipment, some wear and tear on one of the surfaces etc. Fylde’s team, as part of our agreement, will carry out all the repairs as well as any proactive maintenance. Funding for this Agreement is taken at source from the Parish Council’s annual precept and it was unanimously agreed that Fylde provides an excellent service in this regard and it is very important to ensure that the children’s play equipment is maintained to a high standard.
9.
Flooding Matters

Cllr Chew had met with Cllr Singleton of Staining PC at Singleton Village Hall on 14th June. Several farmers had attended who had been adversely affected by the flooding and Cllr Chew had contacted the Environment Agency who were now willing to help. Unfortunately some farmers hadn’t got their claims in on time and the form-filling did seem quite complicated. The situation is still on-going and we will see what we can do.

10.
Progress report on new memorial bench and paved area

Shaun Thornton, weather permitting, will be starting the work the paving on 9th July.

11. Accounts and Cheques to Pay

• T A Pawson – SPID – £60. Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Smith. Agreed.
• Mr J Chew – Flowering tubs and new padlock – £352.50 – Proposed Cllr Smith, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• Clerk’s Salary and Expenses for May/June – £220.28 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Smith. Agreed.

12. Any Other Business

• Cllr Lee had raised a problem of a broken road sign at the village end of Mile Road. Cllr Smith would check on the signs and report back.
• The Chair asked for councillors to consider items for a `Wish List’ and for this to be put on the next agenda.

14. Dates and Time of next three meetings

The next 3 meetings were arranged as follows:-

28th July, 25th August and 15th September – all at 7.15pm.

As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 7.55pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455