Singleton Parish Council

Minutes from Parish Council meeting held on 14 December 2021

Singleton Parish Council               

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Miller Arms, Singleton

on 14 December 2021 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Lee (Chair), Bailey (Vice Chair), Cholmondeley and Ibbotson, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes.

Due to access issues, the Parish Council was unable to use the Village Hall and used a quiet corner of the Miller Arms for this monthly meeting.

1.Apologies for Absence – Cllr Gallagher  
2.Police Matters Unfortunately no monthly report on crimes in the area had been received since the departure of the last PCSO.   Information received from the Police and Crime Commissioner that the front counter at Kirkham Police Station had reopened to the public on 22 November.  This will make it easier for members of the public to access the police once again.  The Commissioner has launched the Police and Crime Plan 2021 – 2025 with an investment of £300m which gives a 10 year commitment to overhaul police critical infrastructure, including sustainable new fleet, police stations and training facilities, digital and cyber capabilities, alongside extra police officers throughout Lancashire. More information can be found on the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lancashire’s website.  
3.Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising The Minutes of the meeting held on 16 November, having been previously circulated and agreed, were signed as a true and correct record by the Chairman.  
4.Open Forum – None.  
5.Declaration of Interests – None  
6.Planning Matters and Decisions 21/1031 – The Great Hall at Mains – Listed Building Consent for single storey extensions – No Specific Observations other than requesting special attention being given to the character of this listed building. 21/1014 – The Great Hall at Mains – Single Storey extensions to create new entrance and extended bar store.  Again no specific observations other than requesting special attention being given to the character of this listed building. 21/1025 – Lever Lea, 1212 Mains lane, Singleton – Two storey side and rear extensions – No Specific Observations. 21/1028 – Roughdale, 104 Mains Lane, Singleton – Two storey front, side and rear extensions – No Specific Observations. 21/1045 – Braemar, 131 Mains Lane, Singleton – Single storey infill extension to rear – No Specific Observations. 21/0480 – Phased redevelopment of site to a holiday caravan park at Riverside Chalet Park, Occupation Lane – amended plans.  The Parish Council objects to the proposal as the amended plans have not addressed any of the original objections.  There would be a significant increase in traffic with holiday caravans coming in and out of the site, loss of permanent homes in the parish and no facilities whatsoever on the site.  The Parish Council feels the area is at saturation point with caravan parks which drain on already stretch local infrastructure – medical centres, police etc.   Planning decisions 21/0166 – 172 Mains Lane, Singleton – Change of use to offices – Refused.  
7.Traffic and Highway Issues Cllr Ibbotson had conducted a survey of the roads in the parish and this information will be forwarded to County Cllr John Singleton.  It was felt that Station Road should be put on top of the list for attention, particularly as it is such a busy route now.  Many cars have run off this uneven road in recent times.   There had been another problem with the lights on Lodge Lane, but these seem to be working a little better at the moment.  
8.New By-Pass Updates from National Highways forwarded by County Cllr John Singleton. Noted.   Cllr Bailey had had a telecom meeting with Keir re Barnfield Manor matters and during the conversation he mentioned that the Parish Council had been promised a site visit nearly two years ago but this had not been possible due to Covid restrictions.  However a local MP had recently been invited to visit and therefore could the Parish Council visit in the near future.  Keir were asked to communicate via the Clerk.   A lot of noise is coming from the work just 50 yards away from houses in Barnfield Manor and a noisy generator is causing inconvenience to residents of Lodge Lane.  Residents at Stanah are also suffering a lot of disturbance.  
9.  Correspondence Fylde BC has put aside 3 trees for the Parish Council to plant on Lodge Lane.  These would be available to collect shortly from Ashton Gardens.  The Clerk will contact Fylde Council Rangers to help with the delivery and planting of these.National Lottery funding is available to help communities celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022.  This is for community-led events throughout 2022.Wyre Council has published its draft Wyre Local Plan Partial Review (2011-2031) and this is available to view on its website.  A consultation period runs from 30 November 2021 until 5.00pm on 18 January 2022.Fylde BC set out a 10 stage development process for parks, and this would be worked through in relation to the Village Green project.Information received that financial help is available for those suffering hardship through these Covid times.  This information was passed to Cllr Ibbotson for inclusion in the next Newsletter.  
10.  Update from Fylde Borough Council The Boundary Commission has gone along with the Independent group’s proposals and Staining will be a single ward on its own with Singleton/Greenhalgh/ Weeton/Elswick and Little Eccleston having two Borough Councillors in Rural North Fylde.  They are proposing that Fylde has 37 councillors in all.As regards the Village Green, The Trust is happy with the proposals and is happy for the Parish Council leasing the land at a peppercorn rent.  A supporters group will need to be set up with, for example, two members from the Parish Council, two members from the Trust plus two members from the village.  Officers from Fylde BC are helping with ideas of landscaping, looking at grants etc and will come back with a few ideas for consideration.  Cllr Bailey was asked if Keir may be able to contribute with machinery and labour and he will make enquiries.Kirkham High Street’s regeneration is going very well with a few new businesses opened recently.Bulky waste removal is being reintroduced by Fylde in an attempt to try and stop fly-tipping.  
11.  Defibrillator Circular received from NWAS Community Resuscitation Team asking all privately owned defibrillators to be registered on a national database called The Circuit.  It was stressed that the Parish Council’s defibrillator located at the Village Hall is registered.   The Clerk had written to Koi Pool about acquiring a new defibrillator and locating it at their premises and Cllr Ibbotson will follow this up.  
12.Christmas Card Cllr Gallagher is organising the production of this.  This needs to be produced and distributed for delivery as soon as possible.  
13.Accounts and Invoices to Pay Clerk’s salary and expenses for November/December 2021 – £240.04 – Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Ibbotson. Agreed.  
14.Any Other Business Website – The Clerk has not been able to access the Website for the last couple of weeks.  Cllr Lee will look into this.Noticeboard at Village Hall – This is still down and in need of repair.New locks needed on the car park gates, but this is being sorted.Congratulations extended to the Gala Committee for a very enjoyable and well attended choir and bingo event earlier in December.  Over 100 people had attended.The Parish Council’s Precept needs to be considered at its January meeting.  The Clerk will prepare an up-to-date balance sheet.  
15.Date and Time of next meeting – Tuesday 25 January 2022.   As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm.

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson

Clerk to the Parish Council

Tel: 01995 670455