Singleton Parish Council

Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 23 February 2021

Singleton Parish Council               

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held via Zoom

On Tuesday 23 February 2020 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Gallagher (Chair), Cholmondeley, Ibbotson and Lee, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. Two members of the public also attended.

1. Apologies for Absence – Cllr Bailey who was unwell.  The Parish Council wished him a speedy recovery.  
2. Police Matters   Cllr Lee (Fylde Borough Councillor) spoke of his attendance at the recent District Parish Liaison Meeting with Fylde Borough Council at which representatives of the parishes unanimously voiced their concerns about a general lack of action/interest in problems reported to the Police.  One member reported incidents of drug dealing in his parish, which were reported at the time to the Police, but they did not turn up.  Fylde Borough Council is to write with these concerns for the attention of Lancashire Constabulary and the Police and Crime Commissioner.   Concerns had been reported to the Police by this Parish Council of suspicious activities down Pool Foot Lane approximately 7 months ago, but again no action taken. Apparently there had been a break in in Church Road this week.  The Police had been informed but had not attended.    
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising   The Minutes from the Zoom meeting held on 26 January 2021 were agreed as a true and correct record and will be signed by the Chairman at the next proper meeting.   Matters Arising   The RSPCA had attended a property again on Mains Lane, after concern was raised, but had not gained access.  Cllr Ibbotson will follow this up with the PCSO who had also previously attended as it is feared there is still a problem.The problem with the flooding outside a property on Mains Lane continues and Highways England are waiting for funding to complete the work.  It is hoped this will be done in March.  
4. Open Forum   Two members of the public enquired about the problems with the footpath/bridleway at the end of Pool Foot Lane and whether the Parish Council had heard anything further about this.  Nothing has been reported to the Parish Council in recent weeks.  
5. Declaration of Interests – None    
6. Planning Matters and Decisions   21/0127 – Rosebank, 12 Mains Lane, Singleton FY6 7LF – Re-modelling and extension of existing dwelling … 21/0153 – Linden Lea, 37 Mains Lane, Singleton FY6 7LJ – Single storey extensions to dwelling ….Proposed 5G Telecommunications installation at Singleton Traffic Lights;   The Parish Council had no specific observations to make on these proposals   Decisions   20/0542 – Riverside Chalet Park – Redevelopment of site – Refused21/0004 – 150 Mains Lane, Singleton – Single storey extension – Granted20/0846 – Outline application for a residential development of up to 4 dwellings on land opposite the Miller Arms, Singleton – Granted.   Cllr Lee had attended the Planning Committee in regard to planning application 20/0846 and Cllrs Gallagher and Cholmondeley had also followed this on the Internet.  Concern was expressed that not all documents had been made available prior to the meeting and some which had, had only been supplied 2 days before the meeting.  It was felt that if the Committee had had all the information in good time, they could well have come to a different conclusion.  There is still a very strong feeling against this application in the village and after discussion it was decided to appeal this decision on the grounds of failure of procedure.   
7. Traffic and Highway Issues – None  
8. New By-Pass – Very little change  
9.   Correspondence   Information received from Fylde BC that the cost of the green waste collection  service for 2021/22 will be £30 and residents are encouraged to subscribe by 19 March 2021.  
10.   Update from Fylde BC   Cllr Lee has been touring the parish with a member of a Flooding Committee for the Fylde.  The group is putting together a map of the worst affected areas and are trying to get LCC and/or the Environment Agency to take the necessary action. At the meeting of the Parish Liaison Group, LCC were asked for a list of where and when they clean up the drains.  Checks would be done to make sure they get the job done.   Boundary Review – Cllr Lee is now on the Working Party looking into this. At the moment there are 51 councillors but this number will reduce to 37 in this review with new wards being made up by amalgamating the smaller parishes.   Some money is to come to the parishes to celebrate the end of COVID with £1,000 coming to Singleton.  Perhaps it could be used for the Gala or some celebration in the parish?  
11.   Flowering tubs   Email received asking if the Parish Council wished for John Chew to continue planting the tubs which are situated throughout the parish.  Mr Chew had to pay slightly more last year from £15 per tub to £17 and he envisages spending a similar amount this year.  Also, he would probably have to replace a couple of rotten tubs.  The Parish Council agreed that Mr Chew be asked to continue in this role and were happy to pay the slight increase per tub and to have the tubs replaced as necessary.   
12. Accounts and Invoices to Pay – held over till next meeting  
13. Any Other Business   An Agreement had been received between Fylde BC and the Parish Council for the continuation of the provision of an inspection and maintenance regime for the children’s playground.  The annual price of this, which is deducted from the parish precept, will be £3,567.70 for the 2021/2022 period.    It was agreed that the Clerk sign this on behalf of the Parish Council and return a copy to Fylde BC.  Cllr Gallagher would also like to have a further meeting with the representative of Fylde BC to discuss what action could be taken for the worn parts of the equipment to ensure it is kept in a good state of repair.  
14 Date and Time of next meeting – 23 March 2021.   As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 7.50pm.  

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson

Clerk to the Parish Council

Tel: 01995 670455