Singleton Parish Council

Minutes from Parish Council Meeting held on 17 May 2022

Singleton Parish Council               

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton

on 17 May 2022 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Lee (Chair), Bailey (Vice Chair), Cholmondeley and Ibbotson, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. One member of the public also attended.

1.Apologies for Absence – None  
2.Police Matters   The Parish Council was very pleased to see the Police watching for speeding motorists in the village during the week.  Also pleased to hear that Speed Watch will soon be happening and quite a few volunteers have come forward to help in that.   An introductory email received from PC Sarah Roberts who is the new local Community Beat Manager for our parish.  An invitation has been sent for her to attend a future meeting of the Parish Council.  She couldn’t manage this evening’s meeting and more dates will be forwarded to her.   The Police and Crime Commissioner has celebrated one year in office and amongst his achievements has been the reopening of some police stations, including Kirkham, and the recruitment of an additional 210 new officers as part of an overall increase of 600+ across Lancashire.  
3.Open Forum   The member of the public had attended this meeting purely to answer any queries about the planning application he had recently put in and gave a brief resume of what he intended to do.  
4.Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising   The Minutes of the previous meeting, held on 28 April 2022, having been previously circulated, were agreed as a true and correct record and were duly signed by the Chairman.   Matters arising   Another email sent to Fylde BC regarding the overdue repairs to the Children’s Playground but no response received.  The Clerk will now write to Cllr Lee’s Fylde email address and he will take it up with the Chief Executive.Noticeboards.  Information received from the Clerk to Greenhalgh Parish Council showing that their new noticeboards came in flat packs.  It was decided to have a look at them once they are up and decide whether to pursue these. As regards the noticeboard on Pool Foot Lane which is in need of repair, the Clerk was asked to contact Glasdon’s, who donated it, to see if it could be repaired or replaced under their charitable scheme.Lodge Lane.  Response received from the Traffic Policy Engineer at LCC regarding the Parish Council supporting any move to have a 40mph speed limit on Lodge Lane.  He has passed this on to their local traffic team for their comments.Tree outside the Village Hall. As far as the TPO from Fylde BC is concerned, it is not a problem with the BT cables but it will need attention in September.  Singleton PCC will handle this.  There is also an ash tree that they say needs to be felled adjacent to the bowling green, as it is diseased. Bulk Bin.  The bulk bin provided by Fylde BC will cost £11.76 per bin collection for a 660l bin or £19.26 per bin collection for an 1100l bin.  The bin lease will be £2.65 per bin per week (the lease costs include replacement and repair to any damages).  Collection day would be a Thursday. Cllr Lee proposed that the larger bin be ordered for a fortnightly collection.  Cllr Cholmondeley seconded this and all agreed.  A lock should also be purchased for this bin.  The Clerk will arrange for the bin through Fylde BC.Parish Council Vacancy.  Fylde BC has been advised of the resignation of Cllr Gallagher and an advert has been placed on the website and two Parish Council noticeboards plus the Village Hall noticeboard asking anyone interested to contact the Clerk by 30 June 2022.  
5.Declaration of Interests – Cllr Lee declared an interest in planning application 21/0772 and did not take part in that discussion.  
6.Planning Matters and Decisions   22/0352 and 22/0354 – The Manor Barn, 86 Mains Hall, Mains Hall Lane – Listed building consent for alterations to dwellinghouse – No specific observations.21/0772 – Land to the rear of Briarfield, Lodge Lane, Singleton FY6 8LT – Demolition of existing stables and erection of one detached dwelling. Cllr Lee did not take part in this discussion. No specific observations.22/0349 – Land adjacent to Selcourt, Garstang Road, Singleton FY6 7SX – Erection of stable block.  No specific observations.22/0077 – Stanley Villa Farm Fishing and Camping – change of use of land to the siting of 20 static holiday lodges.  Objection. Road not suitable for high usage.  Noise pollution in a very rural area.  Again raising the issues of holiday sites in the area having reached saturation point and putting increased pressure on overstretched resources which has a detrimental effect on permanent residents.   Concern expressed about a property on Mains Lane where extension work is currently underway as to whether this is adhering to the original planning consent.  The Clerk will ask Fylde to check.  
7.Traffic and Highway Issues   Cty Cllr Singleton submitted his report which included a resume of Kier Highways night time workings and street lighting on Garstang New Road which has been turned off.  The lamp standards will be removed shortly.  Church Road Singleton will be closed from 19 to 23 May to allow for new gas service connection.  There is another planned closure of Church Road on 18 June to provide BT safe access for engineers to replace an open reach telegraph pole.  Finally, bus services 76 and 78 will continue from 29 May with Rotala Preston Bus taking over the operation from Coastal Coaches.  
8.New By-Pass   Cllr Bailey had attended a meeting with Kier and residents from Old Mains Lane.  It had been encouraging to see that the residents had gathered a great deal of information which they presented well.  The traffic island will be moved further along the highway which will allow residents to turn directly into Old Mains Lane.  
9.  Correspondence   Email received notifying that the next meeting of the District Parish Liaison meeting has been rescheduled for Monday 20 June 2022 at 6.30pm at the Town Hall, St. Annes.  
10.  Update from Fylde Borough Council   Cllr Lee had attended the service for the outgoing Mayor, Cllr Silverwood, in Kirkham.  The Mayor had raised £22,000 for charity in her year. Cllr Lee had also attended the Mayor-Making ceremony for the new Mayor of Fylde.  
11.  Spring planting   The Clerk will check with Cllr Gallagher for the contact details of the group that is to take over the planting of the flowering tubs in the parish.  Many of the tubs will need to be replaced and it was agreed that the community fund could pay for this.  
12.End of year Accounts for the period l01/04/2021 – 31/03/2022   The Clerk presented the end of year accounts showing the total amount carried forward to 01/04/2022 was £41,635 and this amount agreed with the deposits in the bank.  The annual gross income for 2021/22 was £24,049 and the annual gross expenditure was £17,912.  As these amounts did not exceed £25,000 the Parish Council signed a Certificate of Exemption on AGAR Form 2, which would be sent off to the Official Auditor.  All matters relating to the accounts would be published on the website and the period for public rights to view the accounts would be from Monday 6 June until Friday 15 July 2022.  This would be advertised on the noticeboards and website.  A resident of the parish had kindly come forward to carry out the internal audit for the Parish Council.   The AGAR forms were duly agreed and signed in the specified order by the Clerk (Responsible Financial Officer) and the Chairman.  
13.Accounts and Invoices to Pay   Litter-picker – £246.18 – Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Ibbotson. Agreed.  It was noted how much better the area was looking since contracting this litter-picker.T A Pawson, Applying weed-killer to the car park – £42.00.  Proposed Cllr Bailey, seconded Cllr Cholmondeley.  Agreed.Insurance – £866.19.  Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.Clerk, Salary and expenses for April/May – £410.78.  Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Ibbotson. Agreed.  
14.Any Other Business   Cllr Bailey had attended an event in Wrea Green which had been organised for 200+ children with special needs across Fylde and Blackpool.  This had been an excellent musical event and the organisers and children should be congratulated.Village Green – Another meeting with members of the Trust coming up and hopefully this will soon be moving forward.  
14.Date and Time of next meeting – Tuesday 28 June at 7.15 at the Village Hall.   As there was no further business, the meeting ended at 8.30pm.  

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson

Clerk to the Parish Council

Tel: 01995 670455