Singleton Parish Council

Parish Council Minutes from meeting held on 21 March 2023


Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council

Held at Singleton Village Hall on 21 March 2023

Present: – Cllrs Lee (Chair) Ibbotson (Vice-Chair), Bailey, Cholmondeley and Clifford and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. County Councillor Singleton and one member of the public also attended.

1.Apologies for Absence – None  
2.Police Matters   Three Police Information alerts received during the last month: – Operation Warrior – Stop checks in Blackpool and Poulton-le-Fylde and arrests made for the possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.£600K of cash seized from criminals is being invested into crime fighting projects and 31 projects have been supported so far through the Community Fund with grants of between £1K and £10K.A Cyber Crime Protect/Prevention Officer has been appointed to deal with hacking, malicious software that blocks access to a computer system until money/ransom is paid and Malware – software designed to disrupt, damage or gain unauthorised access to a computer system.  
3.Open Forum   The Parish Council was thanked for helping to resolve a problem caused by a broken grid on the pavement on Lodge Lane, which had presumably been broken by a heavy vehicle.  Kier was contacted to help with this and they had sent out an engineer straight away to sort it.   A question was asked whether the roadworks would result in trying to keep HGVs out of the village. A traffic calming traffic island appears to have been created which has reduced the width of the road to 3.5 metres. Hopefully it will deter the bulk of heavy traffic coming through the village. The Parish Council had, however, previously pointed out that some farm vehicles may have difficulty in the future if the road was too narrow. The speed limit on that stretch of Lodge Lane was to be reduced to 40mph but traffic has been coming through at 50/60 miles per hour and the fear is that there is an accident waiting to happen.  Motor bike racing at the weekend throughout rural Fylde, including Singleton, continues to be a big problem.   County Cllr Singleton pointed out that there is to be a meeting with the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner in 3 weeks time at Staining for groups from Staining and Little Eccleston in relation to forming Speed Awareness Groups. Anyone from Singleton Parish Council would be welcome to come along. Cllr Singleton will email details of the date and time of the meeting.    
4.Minutes of previous meeting held on 21 February 2023 and any matters arising   The Minutes of the previous meeting, having been previously circulated and Agreed, were signed as a true and correct record by the Chair.   Matters Arising   Fly-Tipping on private land near to Barnfield Manor.  This had now been taken up by Fylde Borough Council with the landowner.  If the landowner fails to clear the site, Fylde will get a contractor to take it away and send him the bill.  Still more stock delay reports received for the new pads needed for the defibrillator.  Apparently this is a national problem.  
5.Declarations of Interest – None  
6.Planning matters and decisions   22/0601 – Change of use of land for the siting of 23 Static Holiday Caravans, Primrose Bank Caravan Park, Singleton Road, Weeton PR4 3JJ.  The Parish Council had previously objected to this application and although it appreciates the aesthetic changes proposed for this development, it still objected because of the increased strain this development would have on existing services, particularly medical. 23/0053 – Single Storey and two storey rear extensions, Peteli. 131A Mains Lane FY6 7LD – No specific observations.  
7.Traffic and Highways issues   Cllr Singleton was thanked for his report which covered the following items: –   Tree pruning. Cllr Singleton had been assured the trees near Singleton Hall had been pruned but the trees on Lodge Lane lay-by hadn’t been touched and were still touching the road.  He will look into this again.A588 Average speed cameras – a plan of all the locations of the average speed camera installations is awaited.A585 road works/traffic lights. A lot of complaints about these causing tailbacks and frustration.  This had been referred to Kier who made some small improvements.Amenity cleaning for Singleton Village. This is a function undertaken by Fylde Borough Council.  LCC does not provide monies for street cleaning.Singleton Highways Depot has instructed drivers to use Mile Road during school drop off and pick up times.Ducting on Lodge Lane. Kier will be installing ducting across Lodge Lane. This work will last for approximately three weeks.   Two TTROs (Temporary Prohibition of Through Traffic Orders) received giving details of temporary road closures on Lodge Lane from 2 May until 26 June or until completion of the works, and for Fairfield Road, Poulton-le-Fylde on 11 June to enable a bridge examination to be carried out by Network Rail.  Obviously this will cause a lot of disruption and full details of these will be put on the website and Singleton Chat to alert residents.    
8.New By-Pass   There is still a lot of work to be done on the underpass and still a lot of disruption. The pathway is still in a mess and Cllr Bailey will ask Kier for help in clearing this.  Also it was agreed to obtain a new pole to erect the SpID at a 4th location, just north of North Lodge.  The Parish Council will need to obtain a new solar panel for this in due course.  The Clerk will contact Andy Pawson and ask him to obtain the necessary pole and cement.    Cllr Singleton will try and organise another meeting with Kier for members of the Parish Council. Residents of Singleton Hall and Barnfield Manor are also requesting a further meeting with Kier.  
 Correspondence Inspection report received from Fylde BC regarding the Children’s playground.  All items were recorded as “a very low risk”.  However the park furniture needed to be secured to the ground.  The Clerk will ask Andy Pawson to have a look at this.  The annual agreement was duly signed by the Chairman.The litter-picker asked for the Parish Council to look into signs for lamp posts encouraging people not to drop litter and keep the village clean.  Cllr Singleton will see if LCC have such signs.Fylde Coast Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showperson Accommodation Assessment 2023 – Stakeholder Questions.  The questionnaire was gone through and the Clerk will complete it and return it to Arc4, who has been commissioned on behalf of Blackpool, Fylde land Wyre councils to carry out this assessment.  
10.Update from Fylde Borough Council – None  
11.  Local Elections   Members completed their nomination papers. The Clerk will go through these and arrange to deliver them to Fylde Borough Council before the deadline of 4 April.  The election will take place at the Village Hall on Thursday 4 May 2023.  Voters will need to bring photo ID to be able to vote at the polling station.  
12.  Annual Waste Agreement   The Annual Waste Agreement for 2023/2024 has been renewed with Fylde BC and the bin has been relocated to the Miller Arms car park. This is proving to be a much better location and is enabling the bin to be emptied more regularly.  
13.Accounts and Any Invoices to pay   Litter-picker – £385.30: Proposed Cllr Ibbotson, Seconded Cllr Lee. Agreed.Clerk, Salary + expenses, February/March 2023 – £379.33. Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Cholmondeley. Agreed.  
14.Any Other Business   A request has been received for an additional bin near to the church as people are using the dog bin there and this is continually full.Part of Lodge Lane has been cleared of the leaves but there is still a 20 yard stretch up to the stile which is extremely slippery with the leaves now turning into mulch.  The Clerk will ask Fylde BC to visit this area once again.The Miller Arms is considering having a car boot sale in the car park.  This would involve a temporary change of use for a temporary permitted development and would be allowed for a certain number of days a year. Cllr Clifford will advise them.  
15.Date and time of next meetings –   April – Tuesday 18 April 2023 at 7.15pmMay – Annual Parish Meeting following election – Tuesday 16 May at 7.00pm, followed by monthly meeting at 7.30 pm.All meetings to be held at the Village Hall.   As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00pm.    

Signed ………………………………………………  Dated ………………………………

Verena Henderson, Clerk to Singleton Parish Council,

Tel: 01995 670455: email: