Singleton Parish Council
A Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at the Village Hall, Singleton on Thursday 18 June 2015 at 7.15 pm.
(Please note new starting time)
Your presence is requested.
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declaration of Interests
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting held on 14 May 2015 and any Matters Arising
4. Open Forum – The Council will open up the meeting for 15 minutes for any questions from residents.
5. Police and PACT Report
6. Traffic Issues
8. Planning matters and decisions
9. Car Park
10. Accounts and any Cheques to Pay
11. Any Other Business
12. Date and Time of Next Meeting
Clerk to Singleton Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455
Singleton Parish Council
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton
on 18 June 2015 at 7.15 pm
Present: – Cllrs Bailey (Chair), Gallagher (Vice Chair), Chew, Lee and Smith, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. Sgt Hill and PCSO Jonny Graham also attended the meeting, together with two members of the public.
1. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Smith.
2. Declaration of Interests – none
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising
The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 14 May 2015, having been previously circulated, were agreed as a true and correct record and duly signed by the Chairman.
Problems with the box containing the defibrillator, which is supposed to have a lock on it. Apparently the wrong one was sent, which explains the previous confusion. This has now been returned to the supplier and we look forward to receiving the correct box and the installation at last of the defibrillator.
A letter has been sent to Mark Menzies MP to invite him to a future meeting.
4. Open Forum
Walkways around land owned by Singleton Trust. Is there a map?
There is a map in existence and copies of this had been available at the entrance to Puzzlewood and outside the Church. There is also an A4 leaflet available and a map in the Village Hall. Residents were asked to contact the Trust for further copies of these documents.
Occupation Lane. The pathway to the caravan park is a mess. Who is responsible for this?
This land is privately owned and the responsibility of the park owners.
5. Police and PACT Report
The Parish Council was delighted to welcome new PCSO Jonny Graham, who is to cover Wesham, Staining, Westby and Rural Fylde. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sgt Hill explained that in future the monthly Police Reports, which are now sent out by volunteers, would be in the same format to all Parish Councils and cover the wider area. Incidents in Singleton during the last month included theft of a commercial vehicle, which is being looked into, a dog biting incident on Church Road, a break-in on Fleetwood Road, but no items were taken and an assault on Mains Lane. Hopefully this has now been sorted.
Sgt Hill explained that there is no longer a requirement for a Police Officer to attend an incident and not all victims of crime will get a visit from the Police. Every incident will be looked into and judged on its merit. Often victims will get a telephone call from the Police instead of a visit to check if everything is okay. If the Officer deems it necessary to visit, he will do so.
Councillors commented that high visibility is what is needed and for officers to get out of their car and walk through the Parish. Also, a crime can be a frightening experience and a sympathetic ear of the Police would be extremely worthwhile. The Police van monitoring speeding traffic had been very useful and they promised that this would be sent again to Singleton in the near future. Also PCSO Jonny Graham would try and patrol Singleton as often as he could.
The Police were thanked for their attendance and then left the meeting.
6. Traffic Issues
Fylde Borough Council has produced its draft Local Plan to 2032, which sets out the strategic network across the borough. It does have errors in it though, and in particular it still talks about a by-pass of Singleton Village when this cannot now be done because they have given planning permission for 9 houses. Cllr Chew has pointed out this error to them. In the Fylde Coast Highways Masterplan they have said that the Blue Route should be safeguarded. The Clerk was asked to write directly to the Chief Planning Officer, Mark Evans stating that Singleton Parish Council would like to see the whole Blue Route safeguarded, which is Policy TI M55 (Norcross Roundabout), and Policy T1(b) M55 Junction 3 should be carried on to Junction 4.
Clarification is also needed on item 4, development on page 16 – housing commitment 10. Is that 10 houses? Cllr Chew will confirm details to the Clerk.
A resident had complained about cars parked blocking his view when coming out of his drive. Cllr Bailey will ring the Trust about this.
• The District Parish Liaison Meeting, to be held on 17 September 2015 at the Town Hall, Lytham St Annes, will include an attendance by Mr. Clive Grunshaw, Police & Crime Commissioner.
• Walney Extension Community Fund – Consultation Process. This notification concerns the views and opinions of people in coastal locations in Cumbria and Lancashire concerning the proposed extension to the Walney offshore wind farm. The Clerk will forward this emails to all councillors.
• Wyre Local Plan – Issues and Options 2015 – The Clerk will forward this email to all councillors. Comments need to be received by 31 July 2015.
8. Planning Matters and Decisions
• 15/0319 – Coach House, Lodge Lane, Singleton, FY6 7LT – Proposed single storey side extension incorporating existing detached garage – No specific observations.
• 15/0304 – Summerer Farm, Weeton Road, Singleton, FY6 8NQ – Proposed construction of roof over existing silage store – No specific observations.
Planning Decisions –
• 15/0042 – Riverside, Pool Foot Lane, Singleton – Outline application for erection of dwellinghouse – Granted.
• 15/0210 – 153 Mains Lane, Singleton, FY6 7LB – Proposed single storey side and rear extension – Granted
• 15/0155 – Poolbrow Caravan Park, Singleton, FY6 8LY – Certificate of lawfulness for existing use of land as a caravan park with unrestricted use in terms of caravan numbers, their residential/holiday occupation and to allow year-round use – Approved.
It had been previously agreed to continue the improvements to the Village Hall car park. A quotation had been received from Andrew Scott at a cost of £25.00 per ton for the stone, plus £225 to level. It was decided to order 40 tons. This was proposed by Cllr Gallagher, Seconded by Cllr Chew and agreed.
Accounts and any Cheques to pay
The Clerk reported that the accounts had been audited by Mr T R Cottam who found that the records of payments against invoices to be correct and all listed payments were checked against bank statements and found to be correct. All additions of receipts were checked and also found to be correct. The official forms had since been sent to the Audit Commission for final approval. Thanks were expressed to the Clerk and the Auditor for this.
Notification received from Lancashire County Council that the annual sum of £468 was to be paid into the bank for grass cutting on the Lodge Lane Lay-By.
• T A Pawson – SPID – £60.00 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• John Chew – Planting of tubs and maintenance of bench – £370.00. Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.
• Clerk’s salary and expenses for May/June 2015 – £224.32 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Chew. Agreed.
• Great Eccleston Cricket Club – donation as thanks for internal audit – £50.00. Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Chew. Agreed.
Any Other Business
Notification of works received from LCC regarding highway works they will be carrying out at Miller Crescent and Church Lane in July 2015.
Slight delay in preparing the newsletter due to Cllr Chew’s heavy workload of late. This will be done as soon as possible. It was decided that in future there would be two newsletters produced, one in June and one in December. This was agreed by all.
Parish Council is concerned that the copse on Lodge Lane is still in a mess and would hope action would be taken soon by the Trust to clear this up.
12. Date and Time of next meetings
The next three meetings, all taking place on a Thursday at 7.15pm, will be as follows: –
30th July 2015 27 August 2015 24 September 2015
As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00 pm.
Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 01995 670455