The Clerk had submitted the annual accounts for the official Government audit, which this year had been carried out by PKF Littlejohn LLP. The accounts had been advertised and made available for public inspection from 17 June to 26 July 2019 in accordance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Prior to this, an internal audit was carried out by Mr R Cottam of Great Eccleston, who agreed the accounts and found them to be correct. The Parish Council is extremely grateful to Mr Cottam for his help in this regard.
Upon completion of the official audit, however, the Clerk was asked to amend the Annual Governance and Accountability Return showing a decrease in total expenditure due to the refund of monies from a faulty Speed Indicator Device which had been returned and refunded during that financial year. The refund of £3,019 for the Speed Device, and the refund of postage and insurance of £158 should have been interpreted as a “negative expense” and not included in the Income. As a result of this the Auditor’s report shows that the AGAR (Annual Governance and Accountability Return) was not accurately completed before submission for review and had to be amended.
The Clerk was very happy to report,, however, that the accounts had been accurately balanced and agreed completely with the bank statements.
Copies of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return can be obtained by contacting the Clerk at Clerk@SingletonParishCouncil.org.
SINGLETON PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement___15 June 2019
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Verena Henderson, Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer,
4 Chesham Lodge, Great Eccleston, Preston PR3 0ZG
Tel: 01995 670455
commencing on (c) __Monday 17 June 2019 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 26 July 2019 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Verena Henderson, Clerk of the Parish Council and Responsible Financial Officer
SINGLETON PARISH COUNCIL
End-of-Year Accounts for 2018/2019
Balances brought forward: – £ £
Community Direct Plus Account 6139
14-day Business Select account 19484
Plus Receipts: –
Council Tax Reduction Grant 48
Reclaimed VAT 2563
Bank error and underpayment 8
Refund on faulty SpID 3019
Interest on bank accounts 6
Less Payments: –
Clerk’s wages 2367
Clerk’s expenses 724
Repayment of Loan (re. car park) (paid April 2019) –
Grants to local organisations 150
Newsletters/Xmas cards 247
Playground maintenance to Fylde BC 3081
Grasscutting contract 5779
Playground improvements 7196
SPID – (mounting) 480
General maintenance 34
Litter bags 140
Total carried forward to 2019/2020 £27,148
Responsible Financial Officer
Singleton Parish Council