Singleton Parish Council               

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at the Village Hall, Singleton

on Tuesday 21 July 2020 at 7.15 pm

Present: – Cllrs Gallagher (Chair), Bailey (Vice Chair), Cholmondeley, Ibbotson and Lee, and the Parish Clerk, Verena Henderson, who took the Minutes. One member of the public also attended.

1. Apologies for Absence were received from PCSO Lauren Vallely.  
2. Police Matters   The crime figures for May received from the Police showed that there had been 15 recorded cases of Anti-Social Behaviour (9 civil disputes, 2 breaches of Covid-19 guidelines, 3 nuisance cases and 1 pest control); 1 burglary, 2 of theft and 1 auto crime.  The PCSO was unable to provide any more information about the reported problems with the chalet park due to data protection.   An item had appeared in the Blackpool Gazette highlighting the worries residents are currently experiencing on this particular chalet park and the Clerk was asked to contact the Police to ask what measures are being taken to protect the residents.   Many concerns had been reported on “Singleton Chat” about an older man and younger boy riding motorbikes at speed through the village, without wearing helmets.  Cllr Lee had also observed this.  The Clerk was asked to report this to the PCSO.  
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting and any Matters Arising   The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 16 June, having been previously circulated and agreed, were signed as a true and correct record by the Chairman.   Matters Arising   Fly tipping on Grange Road – This was reported to Fylde BC by the Clerk on 3 July and has been removed.The Clerk had advised Mr. Pawson that as the two new SpID machines were now operational, he need no longer use the older one. The last invoice regarding this one has been received.Cllr Ibbotson reported that the blocked drains in Mains Lane have now been investigated by Highways England and they have found a blockage in the road drain. This work is to be commissioned.  Similar works will be needed outside another property on Mains Lane.As regards the data protection issue where Cllr Ibbotson had found that Highways England had disclosed names and addresses in a public document, this is currently being pursued with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) and further replies are awaited.The next newsletter has been drafted by Cllr Ibbotson and will be ready for approval shortly.
4. Open Forum   The meeting was opened up to the member of the public who raised the following concerns: –   The “Welcome to Singleton” sign at Shard Road was looking worn and old.  Could we have a new one please? Pursue with LCC.Dog fouling has got worse during the lockdown. This is a problem in several parts of the parish. Could we have some new signs please? Check with Fylde BC for signs and tie-wraps.  Too many cyclists on footpaths since lockdown began.  This is causing concern to pedestrians and dog walkers. Check with Fylde BC/LCC.  
5. Declaration of Interests – None  
6. Planning Matters and Decisions   20/0439 – Stanley Villa Farm Fishing and Camping, Back Lane, Weeton-with-Preese PR4 3HN – Variation of conditions of planning permission 17/0572 to allow use of part of site as tenting field. The Parish Council had been asked to comment as a neighbouring council.  The Parish Council was aware that many complaints had been received about this site about noisy stag and hen parties.  The application is for 10 large bell tents, each accommodating 6 persons, which could exacerbate the problem. There was also the problem of increased traffic on an already busy road.   
7. Traffic and Highway Issues   LCC is running a new campaign to help raise public perception of the work the highways service deliver, in particular their work on fixing potholes and improving the condition of roads.  They are encouraging the public to have their say on the roads. The Clerk will forward this to Cllr Ibbotson for inclusion in the newsletter.  
8. Proposed new By-Pass   An A585 Committee had been formed before the full council meeting at Fylde BC and there were still three vacancies to be filled.  The Parish Council was very disappointed to learn however that Cllr Lee, the Borough Councillor for Singleton and Greenhalgh, was not to be included in this committee even though these parishes were the most affected by the new road’s creation.   Residents of Lodge Lane were getting increasingly alarmed at the disappearance of more and more countryside with huge mounds of earth being moved around and bulldozers working continuously from 8.30am – 4.30pm creating a lot of noise.  The Parish Council was also concerned to learn that students have been working on the site and had felled 4 trees and uprooted a hedge as part of their archaeological studies.   The Clerk had received a response from Highways England to the Parish Council’s request to visit the site.  The Parish Council would be welcomed to visit when it is deemed safe to do so under the current Covid-19 restrictions.  The Clerk was asked to write again to see if arrangements could be made yet.      
9. Update on SpID   Two machines were now operational and three sites would be used.  Mr Pawson would be asked to move the machines around but he would not need to charge these newer models as he had done with the previous machine.  Still awaiting further instructions and quotation from LCC regarding new posts.  
10.   Correspondence   Email received from British Red Cross asking for a donation towards their providing services during Covid-19.  The Red Cross had provided training for the Defibrillator in the past and this had been very well received.  It was decided to arrange a further training in the near future and Cllr Bailey will look into this again.   The Parish Council would be happy to make a donation towards the Defib training as it had done previously.  
11.   Playground   The children’s playground has been closed throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and discussions took place about the possibility of reopening it.  The major problem was the cleansing and supervision of it to ensure social distancing was taking place.  After enquiring with Fylde BC about the maintenance contract, the Clerk was advised that Fylde BC would be doing a complete clean of the equipment 3 times a week.  The Clerk was asked to get more information about the cleansing regime and report back.    On receipt of the further information the Parish Council was minded to reopen the playground but would stress to parents that daily cleaning could not be guaranteed and that it would be for the parents to decide whether their children should use the equipment.  
12.   Car Park   As in the case of the playground, the car park had also been closed during lockdown to deter children from using the playground.  Once the playground was reopened, the car park would reopen too.  
13. Accounts and Invoices to Pay   The accounts were currently with the internal auditor.   Mr Butcher – Litter-picking – £157.00 – Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Lee. Agreed.T A Pawson – Mounting and charging of old SpID – £30.00. Proposed Cllr Lee, Seconded Cllr Bailey. Agreed.Clerk – Salary and expenses for June/July – £178.52. Proposed Cllr Gallagher, Seconded Cllr Lee. Agreed.  
14. Any Other Business   Car Park – lots of weeds needed clearing and hedges looked untidy.  Andy Pawson would be asked to deal with these again.Cllr Gallagher had been getting prices for the posts to be put along the lay-by at Lodge Lane to replace the untidy stones.  On-going.Cllr Lee reported that a combined authority for Lancashire was still very likely with Blackpool, Fylde, Wyre and Lancaster being put together. A lot of discussions taking place about this at the moment.The car park lighting seems to be deteriorating.  Cllr Gallagher will look into replacing old units.  
15 Date and Time of next meeting – Tuesday 25 August at 7.15pm.    As there was no further business, the meeting closed at 8.30pm.  

Signed …………………………………………… Dated ………………………………………

Verena Henderson

Clerk to the Parish Council

Tel: 01995 670455